INDEX / FLAG / COAT OF ARMS / ANTHEM / BACK
The Cuban Flag of the Lone Star hoisted by Carlos Manuel de Céspedes

                    The flag hoisted by Carlos Manuel de Céspedes in La Demajagua sugar mill in October 10th, 1868 is generally in                rectangular-shape represented, with two horizontal stripes of the same width, the lesser blue and the upper divided in two            equal parts, red and white; the star is placed with a point up in the red part. Because of aesthetics reasons its length was         increased to adqueate it to the dimensions of Narciso López' flag.

  Although the original kept in the Chamber of Representatives, placed in front of the Presidence of the Republic, was almost square, Flag of Yara or of La Demajaguathe blue stripe narrower than the one formed by the red and the white parts; being thew latter an almost perfect square, the red a rectangle whose longer sides are perpendicular to the longitudinal line of the flag. The star is placed just like the first flag of López.

In April, 1869, in the Asamblea Constituyente de la República de Cuba, (Constituent Assembly of the Republic of Cuba) held in Guáimaro, was passed that this flag were respectfully displayed in the Hall of Sessions of the Chamber of Representatives and stated that the glorious Flag of Bayamo were present in its Hall of Sessions and were considered as part of the treasury of the Republic.

The Flag of Yara or of La Demajagua, 1868.

Asamblea Nacional del Poder PopularAccording to a proposal by Antonio Zambrana it was agreed that wherever the Cuban people legislators met, the Flag of October the Tenth would preside, together with the Cuban flag of the Lone Star , its parlamentary sessions.

The National Assembly of the People´s Power of Cuba are always presided by two flags: the Cuban Flag of the Lone Star and the one of La Demajagua.